Hello. I used to do these posts where I'd list a few links to interesting posts that had turned up recently on my friends list. I haven't done one for a while, so here is a Harry Potter 7 special edition. What this is, how to opt out, and previous editions.
For the avoidance of doubt: all the posts linked below are about Harry Potter 7, and may contain spoilers. Comments on this post may also contain spoilers. (Please do take that as an invitation to make spoilery comments, especially if you had something to say about the book but didn't feel it was worth a post of its own. I am interested.)
Also, if anyone not on my friends list made a good post, please feel free to link to it in comments (if I missed someone on my friends list, let me know and I'll edit the post, but do check whether they've opted out in the poll above first; also, I'm not linking to posts about buying the book, but posts about the story itself).
- baratron got there first...
- ...even though flick read it before it came out!
- thirstypixel wrote some spoiler-free thoughts (and requested no spoilers in comments).
- jennstar liked it.
- commonreader had questions.
- sulkyblue found it hard to put down, but found much of it disappointing.
- karen2205 wondered about various things.
- johnckirk picked up on a few details.
- purplkat hated it.
- sashajwolf thought it was the best of the series.
- juggzy isn't going to read it, but wanted to know the plot anyway.
- lark_ascending got quite annoyed by it.
- shreena spotted the sexism and wondered about a plot point.
- kathrynt liked the same scene as I did.
- karohemd had some issues with the deaths.
- perlmonger saw a spaceship!
Other recent Potter-related posts:
- ewx on books 1 and 2 (please don't spoiler him for book 3 onwards; he's only read those two so far)
- ghoti on the recent film (a slightly niche viewpoint, but one of interest to many on my friends list!)
- atommickbrane on the general role of magic in the series.
- valkyriekaren asks for sightings of any gay, trans, or bisexual characters.
- vashti found some interesting commentaries on book 7 too — oh, and some more.