I play the categorisation game at http://kevan.org/category.cgi every so often. The idea is, you get eight random terms, and you categorise them into two sets in as many ways as you can. For example, with
- cardboard tube
- sausage roll
- warp drive
- washing line
I came up with
- sausage roll, cardboard tube, balloon, washing line - have simple shapes
- collarbone, penguin, warp drive, mandrill - more complicated shapes
- sausage roll, collarbone, penguin, mandrill - can be eaten
- balloon, washing line, cardboard tube, warp drive - can't
- balloon, carboard tube, washing line, collarbone - can be components
- sausage roll, penguin, mandrill, warp drive - are complete things
- sausage roll, cardboard tube, washing line. warp drive - two-word words
- penguin, balloon, collarbone, mandrill - single words
- balloon, carboard tube, washing line, sausage roll - light
- penguin, collarbone, warp drive, mandrill - heavy
Now I've spoilered those words (which had a seed of 745, by the way), let's play with some different ones. Go to http://kevan.org/category.cgi and enter a seed of 256. You should get these words:
Can I show other people your answers later?
Yes, if you keep me anonymous.
Yes, and you can even say who I am.
I couldn't get them to work.